Monday 20th March, 09:30.
An update from OTE Academy regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19).
Roadmap out of lockdown:
The government’s intention is for ‘OOSS’ settings to be able to return to face-to-face provision, from the start of the summer term. This will be no earlier than 12 April as part of step 2 of the COVID-19 Response – Spring 2021.
Due to this, we are very happy to announce we will be implementing a phased and gradual re-opening of our in-person classes week commencing 12th April onwards.
We are a COVID-19 Secure setting. This means we have complied with the government’s guidance on managing the risk of COVID-19.
- We have carried out a COVID-19 risk assessment (which is a working document – it is continually reviewed and updated as per government guideline changes and updates).
- We have cleaning, hand washing and hygiene procedures in place in line with guidance.
- We have taken all reasonable steps to help people continue from home/virtually.
- We have taken all reasonable steps to maintain a 2m distance in our settings.
- Where people cannot be 2m apart, we have done everything practical to manage transmission risk.
We have been working behind the scenes to create a safe environment for our students. As part of our procedures, as previous, all students will be placed in a ‘group bubble’. Due to this, we are asking all parents/carers to confirm your child’s place for the new term by the 1st April 2021. From this, we will then be able to determine which group bubble your child will be placed in.
All parents/carers will be sent further information regarding the changes and procedures we have implemented to ensure we are COVID-19 Secure.
You can simply email or text us to confirm your place for your class(es) by the 1st April 2021.
We look forward to welcoming your return to OTE Academy soon.
The OTE Team.
Although this page is being regularly updated, we are aware that the situation is evolving rapidly. The latest information for the public is available on the NHS website. We will of course update you immediately with any further guidance we receive on a daily basis.